Department of Marketing
Master of Science (MSc) in Marketing for the Creative Economy (MScMCE)
MScMCE is a one-year full-time programme offered by the Department of Marketing, HKBU in collaboration with Academy of Visual Arts (AVA), HKBU. The programme is an interdisciplinary platform to nurture talented young individuals who are capable of managing, operating, administering, and promoting creative initiatives, projects, and policies within a globally competitive ecology by providing the necessary expert training in business and marketing to excel in this field.
Unique Programme Features
A unique and interdisciplinary programme to cultivate creative and cultural leader with knowledge that can be applied in retail market, entrepreneurship, arts administration, and management;
- The Programme offers overseas immersion, which gives students the opportunity to join a two-week overseas field trip in the summer term to broaden their experience and understanding of creative economies at an international level. A subsidy of HK$10,000 will be provided to every student for this field trip;
- Students get to solve real-life problems through the Creative Service-Learning Project. A subsidy of HK$5,000 will be provided to each student to support the Creative Service-Learning Project. Presentations will be conducted via a Virtual Symposium for students to exchange ideas with academics and practitioners across the globe.
Who Should Apply?
This postgraduate level programme targets graduates with a degree in business or creative practices who wish to contribute their business and marketing knowledge to the regional or global creative economies.
The MScMCE programme has 18 units of core taught courses (incl. 3 units for a Creative Service-Learning Project), 9 units of elective taught courses, and 3 units for a required overseas field trip.
Semester 1 (12 units)
- Strategic Marketing Management - 3 units
- Brand Development and Sponsorship - 3 units
- Digital Marketing Strategies - 3 units
- Entreprenurship in the Creative Economies - 3 units
Semester 2 (6 units)
- Seminars in Contemporary Marketing Issues in Creative Economies - 3 units
- Creative Service-Learning Project - 3 units
Summer Semester (3 units)
- 2-week Overseas Field Trip* - 3 units
Total Units: 21
Semester 1 (3 units)
(1 out of 3 Courses)
- Critically Engaged: Creative Practices in Context - 3 units
- Research Methodology for the Visual Arts - 3 units
- Business Accounting - 3 units
Semester 2 (6 units)
Course offered by MKT (1 out of 2 Courses)
- Socially Responsible Entrepreneurship in an International Context - 3 units
- Services Marketing Management - 3 units
Courses offered by AVA (1 out of 2 Courses)
- Arts & the Public: Interpretation & Presentation - 3 units
- Visual Arts Theory & Criticism - 3 units
Total Units: 9
(* Travel related expenses will be incurred if an overseas field trip is scheduled. Alternatives will be provided if the field trip must be canceled, rescheduled or downsized. The programme will provide a subsidy (HK10,000/student) for the field trip. For details, please consult the Programme Office.)
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or comparable institution, or an equivalent qualification;
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants are expected to meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification earned from an English-medium institution; or
- TOEFL scores of 79 (internet-based); or
- A band score of 6.5 or above in IELTS; or
- Other language requirements as set by the University
Local students: HK$195,000/ programme; Non-local students: HK$250,000/ programme
(Travel-related expenses will be incurred for both local and non-local students if an overseas field trip is scheduled*)
Outstanding Academic Performance Award
Up to 10 scholarships will be granted to applicants with outstanding academic performance, depending on qualifications
Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme
A tuition reduction up to HK$120,000 to outstanding local applicants, depending on qualifications.
Financial assistance to students
While the tuition fee does not cover the cost of the 2-week overseas field trip, a subsidy of HK$10,000 will be provided to each student for the field trip.
A subsidy of HK$5,000 will be provided to each student to support the Creative Service Learning Project.
Ms. Icy Tsang (曾小姐)